- 1 cos or 2 little gem lettuce, shredded
- a good handful of rocket
- ½ cucumber, de-seeded and sliced
- 2-3 ripe tomatoes de-seeded and diced
- a handful of radishes, thinly sliced
- 3-4 spring onions (or ½ red onion), sliced
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- a small bunch each of fresh parsley and mint, roughly chopped
- 1 large or 2 small pittas
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp sumac
- 1 small clove of garlic, crushed
Grill or bake until crispy and golden, then set aside to cool. Break into pieces when cold.
Mix the dressing ingredients together in a bowl. Add in the prepared tomatoes, cucumber, radishes, spring onions and herbs. Stir well to coat. These ingredients can be set aside and chilled until needed.
Before serving, mix in the salad leaves and the roughly crushed, toasted pittas.
Top tip: To make this into a delicious, healthy lunch, simply mix in a tin of drained chickpeas and serve with pitta and your favourite dip.
I'm entering this recipe to this month's No Croutons Required Challenge, co-hosted by Jacqui at Tinned Tomatoes and Lisa at Lisa's Kitchen.